My Master Key Experience
It’s been 2 years. Why am I still here? I’d say it’s for the food, and yet everything is online – no food included. I’d say it’s for the fun, and yet it’s all about the work. So, what is it then? Let’s take a moment of reflection to think of the …
Upsides: (also known as pros)
- I like my skin – not the feel of it, nor even the look of it. Just being inside of it. I love me – all of me. I love who I am – everywhere, even the deep dark recesses we all hide from.
- The words of all land on me like water off a duck’s back. Seriously, I feel a bit like teflon. Now, it’s not that I don’t care. It’s just that I don’t care. I want to hear the words of others, and I choose to not get worked up by them. It really takes the stress out of certain relationships. (You know what I’m talking about. We all have them.)
- I have more time on my hands. Everyone talks about “if I only had more time”. Well, I have more time to get done what I want to get done, do what I want to do, and live life to the fullest. It’s refreshing and freeing all at the same time.
Downsides: (also known as cons)
- This takes time. I mean, lots of time. More like long term time, not day-to-day time. Remember, I said it’s been 2 years. Yet, I went to college for 4 years, right? I must be half-way done. Well, look out junior year! We’re gonna do it all over again starting in September!
- This takes dedication. Blood, sweat, and tears isn’t just for athletes anymore. Success requires sacrifice, and we’re talking about more than just giving up vegetables.
- This takes a burning desire to live a better life and be the person I am meant to be. Oh, I like who I am, I just didn’t realize I wasn’t who I was meant to be. The rat race of life was too distracting. To be different, you must burn from within a fire that clears your path ahead despite all odds.
Now, you can argue I haven’t changed based on these 2 images, and yet, I beg to differ. The first image is purely manufactured – hair stylist, makeup artist, professional photo shoot, special lighting, no jewelry, blank background. It’s a power shot to put my best foot forward – multiple images reviewed, discard the angles where “Oh, I look horrible in that shot!”, and then settle on “Well, I guess this one looks alright.”
Ah, the 2nd photo. It was a fluke. A 1 shot, “Hey honey, take a pic of me, I’m feeling groovy!”, kind of spur of the moment take. Hair’s growing out and needing a haircut. Not a spec of makeup. In fact, I think I even needed to go get my eyebrows threaded. Dimples, wrinkles, rosy cheeks? Whatever! I’M HAPPY! I’m donning a compass necklace as I follow the compass of my heart, and the rest of the milestone checkers can go take a long walk off a short pier. The background is fully exposed – wild ivy and an amazing sketch from my gal pal, Carolynn Sokil. It’s an image of a human in meditation pose with words written all over to depict this phrase…
I am whole, perfect, strong, powerful, loving, harmonious, and happy.
The Master Key Experience taught me to shed my old skin, kind of like a dermabrasion or a facemask process. It was an all natural facelift as I feel ages younger and better than ever before. Now, how does a personal development course do all that? I still don’t know. I am just grateful for the opportunity to be guided on a journey to self discovery. So grateful am I to have skills which turned my life upside down, that I became a certified guide in 2014 to assist and provide hands-on support to future members as they take part in their own discovery process.
Take a look in your reflection, who do you see? We’ve all thought about things at one point or another. Changes we wanted to make in our life. Things we wanted to get done. Improvements we wanted to implement. We spend each December agonizing over our New Year’s Resolution, and then each February kicking ourselves for having quit. The Master Key Experience is a personal development course that makes every day possible to achieve each resolution with success that is effortless. Don’t wanna take my word for it? That’s cool. The course starts up again in September, and it’s only a buck (yes, that’s $1 USD) to get your pay-it-forward scholarship. There is nothing like it! While you wait, check out the free skills on a positive mental attitude. Type in your name and email address below and get on the early notification list.
Happy Inside. Happy Outside.